Beta glucan is a soluble fibre found in the cell walls of oat kernels. As a natural polymer, beta glucan stimulates the immune system and is used in products designed to accelerate wound healing. As an ingredient in personal care products, beta glucan features the ability to induce cellular activities which lead to the restructuring of skin, resulting in a reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stimulates collagen synthesis
- Provides protection against UVA/UVB damage
- Acts as a natural moisture barrier and film-forming agent
- Promotes cell renewal; anti-ageing
- Improves skin viscoelasticity
- Decreases hyperpigmentation due to photodamage
- Improves tensile hair strength and significantly reduces breakage caused by bleaching
- Seals, protects, and moisturises the skin
Unlike other Oat beta glucans of high molecular weight (800-1500 kDa) , CP Oat beta glucan has been shown to effectively penetrate into the skin. Ceapro’s proprietary extraction and formulation technologies produce a liquid beta glucan for use in nutraceuticals, personal care products, and pharmaceutical applications.